Churchill is pleased to announce that we have received another 5 star rating under the RISQS audit scheme.
The RISQS (Railway Industry Supplier Qualification Scheme) Audit service exists to pre-qualify suppliers who work within the rail industry through demonstration of compliance against industry-wide requirements and specific infrastructure requirements.
The audit is conducted annually, with a grading of 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 stars – Churchill has held a 5-star rating for the past four years.
Angelina Sooren, Group HSEQ Director, says:
‘This is not a tick in the box audit, it is an audit where we have to practice what we preach and demonstrate that we cascade information, monitor, audit and management of our contracts. The great work doesn’t stop here; we will continue to promote best practice within the rail environment across all our contracts regardless of accreditation requirements.’
RISQS supports Network Rail, TfL and other passenger and freight operating companies, rolling stock organisations, main infrastructure contractors and other buying organisations in the management of supply chain risk.
The RISQS representative who carried out the audit remarked that it was the first time she had ever allocated two areas of ‘best practice’ for Churchill’s exemplary training induction programme and robust procedures for drug and alcohol testing.
The benefits of being accredited include:
- Only RISQS accredited organisations can sponsor Personal Track Safety (PTS) training, a Network Rail requirement
- Improved understanding of management systems requirements for the rail industry
- Improved efficiency through reduced need for repetitive supplier verification audits
- Proven capability to meet regulatory and rail industry requirements
- Improved standards through continued performance measurement
Our rail portfolio includes Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR), East Midlands Trains, DB Regio Tyne & Wear, Strathclyde Partnership for Transport and Arriva.