Global Asbestos Awareness Week takes place every year 1st – 7th April and is organised by The Asbestos Disease Awareness Organisation (ADAO). It aims to increase awareness of asbestos and prevent exposure through collaboration of experts and victims around the world who share, learn and take action.
Asbestos is a known carcinogen and prolonged inhalation of asbestos fibres can cause serious and fatal illnesses, including lung cancer and asbestosis. Although it is banned in the UK, asbestos remains legal in a number of countries, including the United States.
The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 state that owners of non-domestic buildings (e.g. offices) have a ‘duty to manage’ asbestos on the premises and to protect anyone using or working in the premises from the risks to health that exposure to asbestos causes.
Churchill Complete Compliance has trusted Specialist Service Partners (SSPs) who have been involved in Asbestos Management for many years. Holding UKAS Accreditation as an inspection body and testing laboratory, we are able to offer a cost effective and prompt service.
To try to assist you through the complexities of compliance with the regulations we would like to take this opportunity to offer our services to you to explain in detail the requirements of the regulations, as follows:
We will advise what is required to achieve compliance with the regulations, to ensure the safety of occupants and any visitors within your buildings (that may be contain possible Asbestos Containing Materials – ACMs within)
Where ACMs are identified you must:
- Identify the Materials and Risk –you must understand what is required for everyday management of properties and the need for additional investigations prior to refurbishment exercises.
- Manage the Materials and Risk – We will review methods of controlling materials and remediation techniques, rather than expensive removal exercises.
- Document Control – You must ensure that inspection records are kept up to date and made available to the workforce.
- Ongoing Management – You must continue to monitor the condition of identified ACMs and keep the risk registers up to date.
For more information on how Churchill Services can assist you please contact Churchill Complete Compliance on 0845 345 1576 or Completecompliance@churchillservices.com
WHY CHURCHILL SERVICES?
Our Unique Approach:
- Engage with the client and advise them of their duties under the regulations
- Try to take away the mystery surrounding Asbestos and the management requirements
- Our SSPs are experienced in Construction, Building Services Design, Contractual Law and CDM Regulations
- Act as the Competent Person with respect to CoAR 2012
- Knowledge of the HSE Asbestos licensing requirements
- Experience in the development of specialist equipment employed in the remediation and removal of Asbestos Containing Materials
- Senior Members involved in all aspects of the business including training, consultancy and project management
- National coverage